Dorchester Illustration no. 2205
Attached please find the invitation to the Dorchester Historical Society’s fundraiser scheduled for September 20, 2015, 4 to 6 pm at the new Boston Harbor Distillery in Port Norfolk.
Why should you attend?
1) support the Dorchester Historical Society Preservation Fund for the renovation of its buildings
2) have a great time touring this new Dorchester business and tasting samples of their products
3) marvel at the handmade craftsmanship of the structure of a building that served as a manufacturing facility for Putnam Horseshoe Nails, Lawley Yachts, and Seymour Ice Cream, seen only by employees in the distant past
4) enjoy the light fare from Ashmont Grill (rumors are that the treats will have themes matching the historic industries just like the Distillery’s products, matching the Putnam New England Whiskey, Lawley’s New England Spirit, Seymour’s Local Roast Coffee Liqueur and more
5) be current with what’s happening in the community whether you live in Dorchester or have moved to the suburbs
6) this will be the event of the year and is the easiest way you will ever learn your history — by eating and drinking it!
You can obtain tickets on the Society’s website www.dorchesterhistoricalsociety.org – scroll down on the home page. You can use PayPal or a credit card. Or you can mail to Dorchester Historical Society, 195 Boston Street, Dorchester, MA 02125. Questions? Call Earl Taylor 617 293-3052.
Don’t wait. Attendance is limited. You don’t want to miss out.
The Dorchester Illustration is sent occasionally. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please reply to be taken off the e-mail list. If you know others who would like to receive the daily e-mail, please encourage them to join the group by going to http://groups.google.com/group/dorchester-historical-society. You may contact Earl Taylor at ERMMWWT@aol.com
If you value receiving the illustration, please express your appreciation by making a donation to the Dorchester Historical Society, either by regular mail at 195 Boston Street, Dorchester, MA 02125, or through the website at www.DorchesterHistoricalSociety.org